SIU Investigating Fatal Crash in Guelph
Case Number: 15-PVD-301
Other News Releases Related to Case 15-PVD-301
- An Ontario Provincial Police officer had an encounter with a vehicle at Arthur Street North and Rose Street.
- The vehicle left that intersection.
- Not long after, the officer discovered the abandoned vehicle, which had crashed into a pole close to Norwich Street East and Woolwich Street.
- A 24-year-old woman was also discovered near the scene, gravely injured.
- She was transported to hospital and pronounced dead.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342