SIU Investigating Single Vehicle Crash on Highway 401 in London
Case Number: 15-PVI-308
Other News Releases Related to Case 15-PVI-308
- In the early evening of Saturday, December 19, Ontario Provincial Police received a traffic complaint.
- As a result, shortly after 6:30 p.m., an OPP officer stopped a vehicle in the eastbound lanes of Highway 401 near Wellington Road.
- The officer was about to administer a roadside screening test when the vehicle drove away.
- Police located the vehicle at the exit ramp at Veterans Memorial Parkway. It had crashed and the driver sustained several serious injuries, including numerous broken bones.
- The man was transported to London Health Sciences Centre.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342