SIU Investigating Vehicle Death in Whitchurch-Stouffville
Case Number: 15-OVD-309
Other News Releases Related to Case 15-OVD-309
- Around 2:20 this morning, a York Regional Police officer attempted to stop a vehicle.
- The driver failed to stop, and the officer pursued the vehicle.
- The vehicle left the roadway and crashed in the ditch.
- A 30-year-old man was pronounced dead at the scene.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342