SIU Investigating Death of a Man in Burlington
Case Number: 15-OCD-311
Other News Releases Related to Case 15-OCD-311
- Around 2:15pm, Police received a 911 call about an individual at 975 Warwick Court in Burlington.
- Officers attended the building and entered a unit on the 9th floor.
- Shortly after, the body of a man was found on the ground outside the building. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Jason Gennaro, firstname.lastname@example.org
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-641-1897 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 1897