SIU Investigating Wrong Way Crash on Highway 410 Ramp to Highway 407
Case Number: 16-PVI-005
Other News Releases Related to Case 16-PVI-005
- Around 7:30 p.m., an Ontario Provincial Police officer was conducting traffic enforcement in the eastbound lanes of Highway 407.
- The officer attempted to stop a vehicle.
- The vehicle made a u-turn and headed the wrong way down the ramp that connects the southbound 410 to the eastbound 407.
- There was a collision between the fleeing vehicle and a second vehicle. A 37-year-old female passenger in the second vehicle was transported to St. Michael’s Hospital with serious injuries.
- A seven-year-old and a three-year-old in the fleeing vehicle were also taken to hospital with minor injuries.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Jason Gennaro, email@example.com
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-641-1897 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 1897