SIU Investigating Ottawa Incident where Man Seriously Injured inside Bookstore
Case Number: 16-OCI-010
Other News Releases Related to Case 16-OCI-010
- About 11:00 a.m., Ottawa Police had an interaction with an 18-year-old man inside the Chapters bookstore at 2735 Iris Street.
- The man was later transported to hospital where he underwent surgery for several stab wounds.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342