SIU Called to Investigate Collision in Mississauga
Case Number: 16-OVI-026
Other News Releases Related to Case 16-OVI-026
- Shortly after 10:00 p.m., Peel Regional Police were attempting a traffic stop near the intersection of Burnhamthorpe Road East and Central Parkway East.
- The car that was the subject of the stop swerved into the opposing lanes of traffic.
- The car struck two other vehicles travelling in the opposite direction.
- A 70-year-old woman and 69-year-old man in one of the vehicles that was struck suffered serious injuries.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Jason Gennaro, email@example.com
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-641-1897 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 1897