Investigators Probing Arrest in Hotel Parking Lot in Woodstock
Case Number: 16-OCI-033
Other News Releases Related to Case 16-OCI-033
- Close to 2:30 a.m. this morning, Woodstock Police Service officers encountered a 26-year-old man inside a vehicle of interest. The vehicle was parked in the lot of the Quality Hotel & Suites at 580 Bruin Boulevard.
- Officers attempted to arrest the man.
- During the course of the arrest, the man suffered a hand injury.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Jason Gennaro, email@example.com
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-641-1897 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 1897