SIU Terminates Investigation into January Incident at Brampton Motel
Case Number: 16-OCI-021
Other News Releases Related to Case 16-OCI-021
- Just after midnight on January 28, 2016, Peel Regional Police officers attended a Motel 6 at 160 Steelwell Road in Brampton. The officers were conducting an investigation.
- Officers attempted to speak with individuals inside one of the rooms.
- Shortly after, a woman was located at the rear of the motel.
- The woman had suffered a back injury. She was transported to Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre for treatment.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342