SIU Appealing for Witnesses in Shooting during Bank Robbery
Case Number: 16-TFI-049
Other News Releases Related to Case 16-TFI-049
- Around 7:45 a.m., the Toronto Police Service was notified about a robbery in progress at a bank branch at 1315 The Queensway.
- Officers arrived and encountered at least one man in the parking lot.
- Shots were fired and a 30-year-old man was struck in the torso.
- He was rushed to hospital with serious injuries. He underwent surgery and his condition is currently not life threatening.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Jason Gennaro, email@example.com
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-641-1897 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 1897