Sex Assault Charge Laid Against Toronto Police Officer
Case Number: 15-TSA-221
- Shortly before 1:00 a.m. on September 24, 2015, a Toronto police officer, Sergeant Christopher Heard, encountered a 27-year-old woman near Wellington Street West and Blue Jays Way.
- The woman was driven to her residence by the officer in his police vehicle.
- The assault is alleged to have occurred in the vehicle during the drive to the complainant’s residence.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Jason Gennaro, email@example.com
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-641-1897 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 1897