SIU Investigation Started Following Incident at a Brampton Residence
Case Number: 16-OCI-094
Other News Releases Related to Case 16-OCI-094
- Just before 11:00 p.m., on April 10, 2016, Peel Regional Police officers attended a residence in the Chinguacousy Road and Botavia Downs Drive area in Brampton.
- Shortly after their arrival, a man inside the residence fled out a second-floor rear window.
- The man was located a short distance from the residence, inside the backyard of another home.
- Tactical officers arrested the man, and during the course of the arrest, two conducted energy weapons (CEWs) were deployed.
- The 30-year-old man was taken to Brampton Civic Hospital, where he was diagnosed with a fractured ankle.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342