SIU Starts Investigation into Single Car Crash related to Amber Alert
Case Number: 16-PVI-099
Other News Releases Related to Case 16-PVI-099
- Early this morning, York Regional Police issued an Amber Alert concerning the suspected abduction of a four-year-old girl in Aurora.
- Later, Ontario Provincial Police officers near Bancroft spotted and attempted to stop a vehicle matching the vehicle description in the Amber Alert.
- The vehicle managed to evade police and several further attempts were made to stop the vehicle.
- Around 9:30 a.m., the vehicle was travelling along Paul Martin Drive in Pembroke, when it rounded a curve in the road and rolled over.
- A four-year-old girl was transported by air ambulance to the Children’s Hospital of Eastern Ontario in Ottawa. The SIU is currently monitoring the four-year-old’s condition to determine the extent of her injuries.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Jason Gennaro, firstname.lastname@example.org
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-641-1897 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 1897