Toronto Police Officer Charged with Sexual Assault
Case Number: 16-TSA-076
- Early in the morning on November 1, 2015, a 25-year-old woman encountered a Toronto Police Service officer near King Street West and Blue Jays Way.
- The officer drove the woman to her residence in his police vehicle.
- The complainant alleges that the officer sexually assaulted her after their initial contact.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342