Death of Man near Hawkesbury Subject of SIU Investigation
Case Number: 16-PCD-121
Other News Releases Related to Case 16-PCD-121
- Shortly after 6:30 a.m. on May 13, Ontario Provincial Police officers received a call about a man in distress at a residence on Concession Road 8.
- Officers from the Hawkesbury detachment arrived and contained the area. Officers with the Tactics and Rescue Unit (TRU) arrived not long after that.
- Attempts were made to communicate with the man.
- Around 9:00 a.m., officers entered a structure on the property and found the body of a 41-year-old man. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Jason Gennaro, email@example.com
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-641-1897 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 1897