SIU Investigating Collision between a Car and a Peel Regional Police Cruiser
Case Number: 16-OVI-130
Other News Releases Related to Case 16-OVI-130
- Shortly before 6:00 a.m., a Peel Police officer was a driving a marked cruiser southbound on Main Street in Brampton.
- Just south of the intersection at Williams Parkway, there was a collision with a Honda Civic.
- The two occupants of the Honda were transported to Brampton Civic Hospital with serious injuries. They were both transferred to Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre. The driver is a 20-year-old male resident of Brampton. The passenger is a 27-year-old man, also of Brampton.
- The officer was transported to Brampton Civic Hospital with minor injuries.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342