SIU Called after 21-year-old Man Injured in Fall from Toronto Apartment Building
Case Number: 16-TCI-132
Other News Releases Related to Case 16-TCI-132
- Around noon on May 26, Toronto Police received a call from a man in distress.
- 51 Division officers attended the roof of an apartment building at 77 Huntley Street. Emergency Task Force officers also attended the roof of that building.
- Shortly after that, a man fell from the roof.
- The man was rushed to St. Michael’s Hospital, where he is undergoing surgery.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342