SIU Investigating Death of a 35-year-old Man Found in Lake Ontario near Kingston
Case Number: 16-OVD-133
Other News Releases Related to Case 16-OVD-133
- Just before 12:30 a.m. on May 27th, Kingston Police responded to a call at a residence in west-end Kingston.
- A short while later a person of interest drove past the residence.
- An officer initiated a pursuit. The pursuit was called off.
- Not long after, residents at the intersection of County Road 6 and Highway 33 called 911 to report a possible crash into Lake Ontario.
- This afternoon, the body of a 35-year-old man was located in a vehicle in the water.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Jason Gennaro, email@example.com
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-641-1897 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 1897