SIU Probing Incident in Sarnia where Man Sustains Arm Injury
Case Number: 16-OCI-137
Other News Releases Related to Case 16-OCI-137
- Close to 7:00 p.m. on May 31, Sarnia Police Service received a call for assistance at an apartment at 835 Devine Street.
- An officer arrived and interacted with a 28-year-old man.
- Officers from the Emergency Response Team also attended the apartment.
- At some point during the interaction, more than one conducted energy weapon was deployed.
- The man was arrested, taken to the Bluewater Health, and is being treated for an arm injury.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342