SIU Investigating Death of a Man Inside a Midland Park
Case Number: 16-OCD-138
Other News Releases Related to Case 16-OCD-138
- Shortly before 5:00 p.m. on June 1, a Midland Police officer spoke on the telephone to a suspect in an investigation.
- Not long after, police received a distress call.
- Just before 6:00 p.m., the body of a 45-year-old man was discovered inside Pete Petterson Park, at 156 Marina Park Avenue.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342