Fatal Collision between Motorcycle and Peel Regional Police Cruiser Subject of SIU Investigation
Case Number: 16-OVD-159
Other News Releases Related to Case 16-OVD-159
- Just before 7:00 p.m. on June 19, a motorcycle was travelling north on Tomken Road approaching Derry Road.
- There was a collision involving the motorcycle and a police cruiser.
- The 41-year-old male driver of the motorcycle was pronounced dead at the scene of the collision.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Jason Gennaro, email@example.com
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-641-1897 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 1897