SIU Investigating Toronto Arrest; Appealing for Witnesses
Case Number: 16-TCI-162
Other News Releases Related to Case 16-TCI-162
- Close to 4:45 p.m. on June 21, 2016, an undercover Toronto Police officer was conducting an investigation on Kendleton Drive near Opal Court.
- The police officer had an interaction with two men outside a home.
- With the assistance of other police officers, both men were arrested.
- A 19-year-old man was transported to Etobicoke General Hospital and treated for serious facial injuries.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342