SIU Investigating Injury during Arrest in Mississauga
Case Number: 16-OCI-186
Other News Releases Related to Case 16-OCI-186
- This morning, just after 5:00 a.m., Peel Regional Police officers attempted to execute a warrant at a residence on Pedalina Drive in the Hurontario Street and Eglinton Avenue area.
- Inside the residence, there was an interaction with a 65-year-old man. A conducted energy weapon was deployed.
- The man was arrested and transported to Credit Valley Hospital, where he was diagnosed with a broken rib.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342