SIU Started Investigation into Odessa-area Collision involving an OPP Vehicle and a Milk Truck
Case Number: 16-PVI-189
Other News Releases Related to Case 16-PVI-189
- Around 3:00 p.m. on July 20, two Ontario Provincial Police Officers were driving a police vehicle with subdued markings on County Road 4 near Highway 401.
- Close to a carpool lot, the police vehicle collided with a tanker carrying milk.
- Both officers were transported to a Kingston-area hospital with serious injuries. The driver of the police vehicle remains in hospital. The passenger in the police vehicle was treated for facial injuries and released.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342