SIU Investigating Collision involving Toronto Police Vehicle and Cyclist
Case Number: 16-TVI-197
Other News Releases Related to Case 16-TVI-197
- Just before midnight on July 25, a 39-year-old man was riding a bicycle westbound on Merrian Road.
- Around the same time, a Toronto Police vehicle was travelling north on Kennedy Road.
- The bicycle and the police vehicle collided in the intersection of Kennedy and Merrian.
- The 39-year-old man was transported to Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre with several fractures.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Jason Gennaro, firstname.lastname@example.org
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-641-1897 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 1897