SIU Called for Death of Man on Highway 400 at Major MacKenzie Drive
Case Number: 16-OCD-212
Other News Releases Related to Case 16-OCD-212
- Early this morning, York Regional Police received a 911 call.
- Officers arrived at Major MacKenzie Drive and Highway 400 sometime after the call. Information indicates the time was close to 4:00 a.m.
- A short time later, a man was struck by a vehicle driving northbound in the northbound lanes of Highway 400.
- The 49-year-old man was pronounced dead at scene.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Jason Gennaro, firstname.lastname@example.org
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-641-1897 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 1897