SIU Appealing for Witnesses in Death of Man at a Toronto Apartment Building
Case Number: 16-TCD-224
Other News Releases Related to Case 16-TCD-224
- Around 7:25 a.m. today, Toronto Police received a 911 call about a man in distress in an apartment at 33 Rosehill Avenue.
- Officers attended and entered the apartment.
- A few moments later, officers discovered the body of a man on the ground outside the apartment building.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Jason Gennaro, email@example.com
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-641-1897 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 1897