SIU Investigating After Man Sustains Serious Injuries in Hamilton
Case Number: 16-OCI-235
Other News Releases Related to Case 16-OCI-235
- Shortly after midnight on Wednesday, September 14, 2016, officers with the Hamilton Police Service responded to a home on Barton Street East for a domestic situation.
- Officers recognized one of the individuals, the 41-year-old man, as being wanted on outstanding warrants.
- The man fled by foot, going from rooftop to rooftop. The officers followed and caught up to him. A Conducted Energy Weapon was deployed.
- The man was taken to Hamilton General Hospital for treatment of a rib injury.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Monica Hudon, email@example.com
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342