SIU Investigating Kingston Highway 401 Collision
Case Number: 16-PVI-256
Other News Releases Related to Case 16-PVI-256
- In the afternoon hours of Thursday, October 6, 2016, an Ontario Provincial Police officer was operating a police cruiser eastbound on Highway 401.
- At approximately 2:30 p.m., the cruiser collided with a vehicle being driven by the 78-year-old man. The officer’s cruiser was, in turn, struck by another vehicle.
- The 78-year-old man was transported to Kingston General Hospital where it was determined he had sustained a serious injury.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Monica Hudon, email@example.com
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342