SIU Investigating after Man Falls from Balcony in Trenton
Case Number: 16-PCD-260
Other News Releases Related to Case 16-PCD-260
- At approximately 1:30 p.m. on Thursday, October 13, 2016, Ontario Provincial Police officers from the Quinte West detachment attended an apartment building located on Tripp Boulevard.
- Upon arrival, officers located a man in an apartment unit. The officers spoke with the man as he stood on the balcony.
- At approximately 4:10 p.m., the man fell to his death.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Monica Hudon, email@example.com
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342