SIU Investigating After Man Sustains Serious Injuries on Pikangikum First Nation
Case Number: 16-PCI-262
Other News Releases Related to Case 16-PCI-262
- At approximately 3 p.m. on Tuesday, October 18, 2016, police received a complaint regarding an impaired driver.
- An investigation was conducted and a man was arrested and taken to the detachment.
- The man was later diagnosed by a doctor with an arm injury.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Monica Hudon, firstname.lastname@example.org
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342