SIU Appealing for Witnesses to Interaction at Kitchener Oktoberfest Event
Case Number: 16-OCI-259
Other News Releases Related to Case 16-OCI-259
- On the night of Sunday, October 9, 2016, the man was at an Oktoberfest event at Altes Muenchen Haus, Queensmount Arena, located at 1260 Queen's Blvd.
- At approximately 10:30 p.m., the man was approached by Waterloo Regional Police Service officers.
- There was an interaction between the man and the officers. The man was arrested, taken to the detachment and then released a short time later.
- The man was later diagnosed with a serious injury.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Monica Hudon, firstname.lastname@example.org
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342