SIU Investigating after Man Injured in Mississauga
Case Number: 16-OCI-264
- At approximately 3 p.m. on Wednesday, October 19, 2016, Peel Regional Police officers attended the area of Erin Mills Parkway and Burnhamthorpe Road West for a report of a man with a weapon.
- Police located the man in the parking lot of a Walmart.
- There was an interaction, and one officer deployed his conducted energy weapon.
- The man sustained a head injury and was taken to Credit Valley Hospital for treatment.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Monica Hudon, firstname.lastname@example.org
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342