SIU Investigating After Man Struck by Truck in Courtland
Case Number: 15-PVI-040
Other News Releases Related to Case 15-PVI-040
- On Friday, March 6, 2015, at approximately 2:30 p.m., an Ontario Provincial Police officer with the Norfolk County detachment was dispatched to Hwy 3 in Courtland to investigate a report of a vehicle off the roadway;
- The officer located a pick-up truck in a woodlot about 50 feet off the highway and spoke with the male driver;
- The officer returned to his cruiser;
- Shortly after, the man from the pickup truck exited his vehicle, made his way to the road and was struck by a tractor trailer;
- The man was taken to London Health Sciences Centre for treatment of serious injuries.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Monica Hudon, email@example.com
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342