SIU Investigating Pedestrian Injuries involving Toronto Police Service – Appealing For Witnesses
Case Number: 15-TVI-230
Other News Releases Related to Case 15-TVI-230
- Shortly before 2:00 p.m., on Friday, October 2, 2015, a woman pedestrian was crossing the street at Richmond Street and Simcoe Street when she was struck by a Toronto Police Service (TPS) vehicle;
- The woman was taken by ambulance to Mount Sinai Hospital and treated for serious injuries to her legs;
- The woman remains in hospital in stable condition.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Steven Gibbons, Steven.Gibbons@ontario.ca
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342