SIU Appealing for Witnesses to Interaction in Tillsonburg
Case Number: 16-PCI-270
- At approximately 5:30 p.m. on Sunday, October 30, 2016, Ontario Provincial Police officers responded to a business at the intersection of Broadway Street and Brock Street East to deal with a man.
- Outside of the establishment, there was an interaction between police and the man. He was arrested.
- While at the Tillsonburg OPP detachment, the man complained of pain. As a result, he was taken to Tillsonburg District Memorial Hospital for treatment.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Monica Hudon, firstname.lastname@example.org
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342