SIU Investigates Death of Male in Brampton
Case Number: 14-OCD-051
Other News Releases Related to Case 14-OCD-051
- On Wednesday, February 26, 2014, officers with the Peel Regional Police responded to a domestic call at an apartment unit located at 370 Steeles Avenue East.
- On their arrival, the officers found the man had barricaded himself in a room.
- A short time later they entered the room and found the man with an apparent stab wound and vital signs absent.
- Emergency Medical Services were called and he was transported to Brampton Civic Hospital where he was pronounced dead.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Jasbir Dhillon, email@example.com
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342