SIU Lays Charge against Officer in Relation to Parry Sound Incident
Case Number: 16-PCI-170
Other News Releases Related to Case 16-PCI-170
- On June 20, 2016, a police officer with the OPP’s West Parry Sound detachment was dispatched to an address on Albert Street in Parry Sound to arrest a 39-year-old man.
- During the arrest, there was an interaction between the officer and the man. The man sustained an injury that required treatment.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Monica Hudon, email@example.com
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342