SIU Investigating Fall from Window in Toronto
Case Number: 16-TCI-301
- At approximately 5:30 a.m. on Sunday, December 4, 2016, police officers with the Toronto Police Service attended an apartment building on Marina Avenue in Long Branch after getting a call for assistance from Emergency Medical Services.
- Upon arrival, officers encountered a man.
- A short time later, the man fell to the ground from a second-storey window.
- He was taken to St. Michael’s Hospital where he was diagnosed with a foot injury.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Monica Hudon, email@example.com
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342