SIU Investigating Death in North Bay
Case Number: 16-OCD-302
- At approximately 1:30 p.m. on Sunday, December 4, 2016, Emergency Medical Services called North Bay Police for assistance at an apartment building located at 365 Lakeshore Drive in North Bay.
- Police located the 38-year-old man near the building.
- At approximately 2:30 p.m., the man fell from the building to the ground below. He was pronounced dead.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Monica Hudon, email@example.com
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342