SIU Investigating After Man Struck by Truck in Ottawa
Case Number: 16-OVI-312
Other News Releases Related to Case 16-OVI-312
- At approximately 3 p.m. on Tuesday, December 13, 2016, Ottawa Police Service officers on foot patrol were investigating a group of individuals near the intersection of King Edward Avenue and Rideau Street.
- One of the individuals fled by foot and a police officer followed.
- The man was struck by a truck traveling northbound on King Edward Avenue.
- He was taken to hospital for treatment of a leg injury.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Monica Hudon, email@example.com
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342