SIU Investigating Death of Man East of North Bay
Case Number: 16-PCD-315
Other News Releases Related to Case 16-PCD-315
- On Thursday, December 15, 2016, Ontario Provincial Police officers stopped a vehicle in the area of Hwy 17 and Route 531.
- The driver of the vehicle was arrested and placed in the back of a police cruiser.
- A short time later, he went into medical distress and Emergency Medical Services was notified.
- Shortly after, the man went vital signs absent.
- He was pronounced dead at 4:15 p.m.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Monica Hudon, email@example.com
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342