Investigation Started into Collision between Vehicle Fleeing from Hamilton Police and Third Vehicle
Case Number: 16-OVI-318
- Around 1:00 p.m. today, Hamilton Police attempted to stop a vehicle.
- That vehicle fled westbound along Rymal Road.
- At Terryberry Road and Rymal Road, the fleeing vehicle collided with another vehicle.
- The male driver of the fleeing vehicle fled on foot.
- A 19-year-old male passenger in the fleeing vehicle was transported to hospital with minor injuries.
- The driver of the vehicle that was struck by the fleeing vehicle is a 44-year-old woman. She was taken to hospital and is being treated for her injuries. A ten-year-old child in the vehicle was uninjured.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Jason Gennaro, email@example.com
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-641-1897 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 1897