SIU Investigating after Woman Falls to Death from Scarborough Apartment Building
Case Number: 16-TCD-319
Other News Releases Related to Case 16-TCD-319
- At approximately 4 a.m. on Wednesday, December 21, 2016, officers with the Toronto Police Service responded to a call for service at an apartment building located at 40 Gordonridge Place.
- Officers attended an apartment unit on the 10th floor.
- A short time later, a woman fell from the 10th floor balcony to the ground below.
- She was pronounced dead at the scene.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Monica Hudon, email@example.com
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342