SIU Investigating Police-Involved Shooting at a Residence in London
Case Number: 16-OFD-320
Other News Releases Related to Case 16-OFD-320
- Just after 6:00 a.m. this morning, London Police officers were at a residence on Duchess Avenue near Edward Street.
- There was a confrontation with a man.
- The man was shot. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
- At least one police officer was injured.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342