SIU Investigating Two-Car Collision in Brampton that Injured Four Persons
Case Number: 16-OVI-326
- Just before 2:00 a.m., a Peel Regional Police officer attempted a traffic stop near Kennedy Road and Queen Street.
- The vehicle fled.
- A short time later, the fleeing vehicle collided with a cargo van at the intersection of Rutherford Road North and Vodden Street.
- The 26-year-old man who was driving the fleeing vehicle was taken to hospital with serious injuries. A 26-year-old male passenger was also injured and transported to hospital.
- Two men in the cargo van – 61-years-old and 58-years-old – were also taken to hospital.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342