SIU Called to Investigate Incident in which a Woman Suffered Life-threatening Injuries in Toronto
Case Number: 17-TCD-001
Other News Releases Related to Case 17-TCD-001
- Around 4:45 a.m., Toronto Police Service officers arrived at a residence on Saint Clarens Avenue in Toronto.
- A short time later, police officers located a 60-year-old woman between the residence and another house.
- The woman was transported to hospital with life-threatening injuries.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Jason Gennaro, email@example.com
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-641-1897 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 1897