SIU Investigating After Woman in Wheelchair Struck by Police Vehicle in London
Case Number: 17-OVI-014
Other News Releases Related to Case 17-OVI-014
- At approximately 6 p.m. on Monday, January 16, 2017, an officer with the London Police Service was operating a vehicle southbound on Adelaide Street North.
- When the police vehicle turned westbound onto Dundas Street, there was a collision between the police vehicle and a wheelchair being operated by the 59-year-old woman.
- The woman was taken to Victoria Hospital for treatment of an arm injury.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Monica Hudon, firstname.lastname@example.org
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342