SIU Investigating Injuries to Man on Highway 401 near Woodstock
Case Number: 17-PVI-024
- At approximately 2 p.m. on Saturday, January 28, 2017, an Ontario Provincial Police officer stopped a pickup truck, which was towing a trailer, on the eastbound shoulder of Highway 401. This occurred just west of Sweaburg Road.
- The officer approached the pickup truck and had an interaction with the man.
- Soon after the officer returned to his cruiser, he noticed that the man was in medical distress.
- The man was taken to a Woodstock hospital for treatment of serious injuries and was then transferred to a hospital in London.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Monica Hudon, email@example.com
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342