SIU Investigating After Woman Sustains Injuries in Brampton
Case Number: 17-OCI-025
Other News Releases Related to Case 17-OCI-025
- At approximately 9 a.m. on Saturday, January 28, 2017, Peel Regional Police Service officers attended a residence in the area of Financial Drive and Steeles Avenue West after receiving a call.
- Outside the home, there was an interaction between officers and the woman, and a conducted energy weapon was deployed.
- The woman sustained injuries and was taken to hospital for treatment.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Monica Hudon, email@example.com
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342